Landlords: Our pledges to you
New Brochure Coming Soon
- To visit your property and provide a free rental valuation. The combined rental value of homes let by us each year exceeds £30million. GUARANTEED!
- To market your property through our chain of agencies and our daily property feeds to our website for a maximum response. We let a property every 50 working minutes. GUARANTEED!
- To ensure, once suitable tenants have been found, that full references are taken up and checked, that all financial matters are handled on your behalf and contracts are prepared. GUARANTEED!
- To provide very competitive fees. We’ll even provide a “Commission Money Back Guarantee” should the tenants leave the property prior to the end of their tenancy. GUARANTEED! (Please ask for details.)
Above all, we’re user-friendly. Try us and see.
Our Lettings only Service
- Rental valuation
- Extensive Marketing of your property
- All viewings are accompanied by ourselves
- Negotiate terms between prospective tenants and yourself. Landlord and Tenant meetings can be arranged.
- References taken up (including a financial reference), checked and sent for your approval. Each office has a full time administrator solely dedicated to processing every tenancy.
- Contracts prepared
- Monies collected, including the deposit
- Statement prepared and submitted with monies
Our fees for a Lettings Only Service are 13.2% inc VAT (11% + VAT) of the monies receivable for the period of the agreement.
Letting & Property Management Service
All the above plus:
- Tenant check-in with full inventory
- Rent Collection
- Payment of any outgoings
- General Repairs
- Emergency Repairs
- Deal with all tenant enquiries
- Tenant Check-out with full inventory
- Registering of Deposits
Our fees for the Letting and Property Management are in addition to the Lettings Only Service, 6% inc VAT (5% + VAT) of the gross rent, (management fee payable monthly from the rent collected) for UK based landlords and 7.2% inc VAT ( 6% + VAT) due to the additional time and costs involved. In going inventories are the financial responsibility of the tenant; the outgoing inventories are the responsibility of the Landlord.
Renewal Fees which are fair and active.
A) Fair - Our Terms and Conditions have been developed to be fair to all parties, if the tenant leaves early we provide you with a refund and if the tenant stays on, you provide us with a renewal.
B) Active - Actively persuading the tenants to stay and actively negotiate the best terms for you.
Should the tenants, their family, friends or associates renew the lease on the property, either by the creation of a new tenancy or simply verbally by a periodic tenancy our fee will be 13.2 % inc VAT (11% plus VAT) and for each subsequent year's renewal. We always play an "Active Role" in persuading the tenant(s) to stay and negotiating rent levels (we actively push for a rent increase), organizing change of tenancy by collecting and checking references, organizing new contracts where applicable, rental increases on periodic tenancies will be dealt with under a Section 13 Notice. Commission refunds are only payable where Black Katz have been given 4 weeks opportunity to re-let the property - for the same term as the original contract - from the date of the tenants leaving.
Black Katz is part of the NALS Client Protection Scheme.