Waleran Flats Old Kent Road SE1 • £515 p.w. (£2232pcm) • 3 Bedroom Apartment
ON THIS PROPERTY
3 Bedroom Apartment
++VIDEO VIEWING AVAILABLE++
Boasting wooden floors throughout and just redecorated throughout, offering white walls, fully fitted separate kitchen, very well proportioned rooms, modern bathroom and stylishly furnished. This beautiful property is perfect for professionals or students. Further benefits include a massive communal roof terrace with stunning views over the cityscape. "Waleran Flats" are located at the North end of Old Kent Road and at the bottom of Tower Bridge Road. For transport numerous buses and night buses stop outside the property or Borough station ( Northern Line ) can be reached in ten minutes.
Within a stone's throw you can stroll through the various green open spaces, including Bricklayers Arms Recreational Park with its own authentic Russian World War 2 tank. There are also Paragon Gardens as well as Victory Community Park and St Marys Churchyard nearby. A little further walk is Burgess Park with its period buildings, gardens, lake and tennis courts.
A little history:
Bricklayers Arms Recreational Park is situated just off the A2 on Mandela Way. This outside public space is renowned for having a World War 2 Soviet T-34 tank. It is a derelict and bizarre landmark that turns many a passing head. There is much speculation as to how this war machine ended up at this location. The story goes that a local resident was refused planning permission to build by Southwark Council. The legend has it that in 1995 the resident purchased the de-activated tank from a military salvage dealer in Kent for Â£7,000. It was then placed on the now-derelict plot of land, with its gun pointing in the direction of the Southwark Council offices. Artist were allowed to paint the tank in more recent years. The T-34 tank was used to crush the Prague Spring revolution in August 1968. It was then brought to Britain from Czechoslovakia in the early 1990s and was used in filming scenes in Battersea for award winning film Richard III starring Ian Mc Kellen. The tank has been featured in the guide book Derelict London by Paul Talling
E.P.C. RATING: D
• Wood Floors • Separate kitchen • Close to local amenities • Fantastic Transport Links • Central Heating • Double Glazed • Recently Decorated • Excellent decorative order • Spacious Living Room • Roof Terrace • Zone 1 • Zone 2 • Private mansion block
Places of Interest Locally
- Walworth Academy - 0.36 miles
- London Bridge - 0.86 miles
- London School of Business and Finance - 1.27 miles
- Harris Academy - 1.43 miles
- The City Of London School - 1.51 miles
- Liverpool Street Station - 1.83 miles
- City of London School for Girls - 1.93 miles
- Cass Business School - 2.08 miles
- Italia Conti of Theatre Arts - 2.17 miles
- The Grey Coat Hospital - 2.23 miles
- Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College - 2.41 miles
- The Charter School - 2.49 miles
- Alleyn's School - 2.59 miles
- Hackney Community College - 2.66 miles
- The Royal Institution of Great Britain - 2.83 miles
Contact the London Bridge office on:
020 7403 5010
"I highly recommend Michael Maslisz who is working Black Katz, London Bridge Branch.
Michael is a smart, friendly and very honest guy.
After viewing some apartments with him in Southwark area I decided to offer for one of the apartments. The overall process (from offering to signature) was fast and very professional.
To put it in a nutshell, I'm very satisfied with the service provided and with the apartment.
Thank you very much, Michael"
Black Katz makes every reasonable effort to ensure that all the information on this website is accurate. However, no guarantees for the accuracy of information are made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, in respect of the information supplied. The information contained on this website does not form part of an offer or contract. Before making an offer to rent a property seek independent or professional advice.